Workshop on Harnessing Extractive Industries for Development 2019 (EX4DEV19)
Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Challenges, Opportunities and Oversights
Friday 8 November 2019, Surrey Business School, University of Surrey, Guildford
A one-day mining and development-focused workshop designed to provide postgraduate researchers with the opportunity to present their work, meet leadersfrom the private sector, NGOs, funding bodies, and academia, as well as to provide the ‘space’ for all stakeholders to network, share ideas and catalyse collaboration.
Featuring three panels with presentations from researchers and industry professionals, chaired by subject matter experts:
- Gender and Inequality
- Environment and Health
- Decent Work and Financial Inclusion
All presenters and participants will have the opportunity to publish viewpoints and longer research papers in a special section of the journal The Extractive Industries and Society. See past papers from EX4DEV16.
SUBMIT YOUR PAPER PRESENTATION (300-word abstract)
- Participants are invited to submit 300-word abstracts for a 10 to 15-minute presentation on one of the panels.
- Presentations must be related to the panel themes, and specifically indicate the relevant SDG(s)
- To submit, email a 300-word abstract including the panel you wish to participate and which SDG(s) you are tackling to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final deadline for abstract submissions is Monday 30th September 2019, but please submit as soon as possible.
- Registration for non-speakers will open shortly on the EX4DEV website.
- Registration closes on the 1st November 2019.